Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wales meet up? - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wales meet up?

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
Inspired by the Brum show, would anyone be interested in meet up this side of the bridge? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    What sort of attendance numbers would be required to justify the expense of hiring a venue? 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    Interesting question, but all depends on the interest. I was thinking something like a GAS fest where we use each others gear, jam tracks, maybe have a guest speaker or local business? So could be a small intimate gathering of say 5/10 or more. 
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1774
    I could be up for that, could possibly (depending on dates) supply PA too...
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    How far into the dark side are you thinking`?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    All depends where people are. Myself and Wayne are Jct 49 but either direction from there would be possible. 
    edited February 2019
    spark240 said:
    How far into the dark side are you thinking`?
    The further West the venue, the less viable the proposal becomes. 

Jetfire said:
    All depends where people are.
    This would certainly help to determine a “central” meeting point. 

Jetfire said:
    Myself and Wayne are Jct 49 but either direction from there would be possible. 
    This carries the implicit assumption that there are only two options - East or West, along the M4 corridor.

Whilst it is certainly true that the M4 and a few major trunk roads are the easiest/quickest way to get about South Wales, other locations exist - even if the inhabitants talk a bit funny.
    Be seeing you.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    I could be up for this.  

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

Cool! Well obviously not wishing to offend the sensibilities of people, I had considered this to be primarily a South Wales thing but clearly if there's demand for mid or North Wales, then we can look at that. It's open to all, even those in Engerland. I have a few ideas/suggestions so let's get some numbers together and see whats what. 
    How are those numbers shaping up? 
    Be seeing you.
    Ill do a total add up as there's some non TFb people may be up for it
  • I'm Junction 35 but can travel. I can bring a Kemper.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • Calling @Freebird and @preston61 ;
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690
    Calling @Freebird and @preston61 ;

Interesting idea, specifics would determine if I could make it I'm afraid, weekends are pretty busy

@joetele is also another South Wales resident

• joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    preston61 said:
    Calling @Freebird and @preston61 ;

Interesting idea, specifics would determine if I could make it I'm afraid, weekends are pretty busy

@joetele is also another South Wales resident

Indeed I am but probably not available for the foreseeable - baby number two probably arriving this week. Thanks for the invite though! 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    Swansea and willing
  • I'm in north wales, so the further south the more tricky it becomes. It might be possible.  I’ve already put my name down for the Bristol jam in June.
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I’m in Swansea so might be able to join in, depending on location and timing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2019
    @danishbacon ;;
    @mart ;;
    @MagicPigDetective ;;
    @joetele ;;
    @preston61 ;;
    @Freebird ;;
    @Jonathanthomas83 ;;
    @Haych ;;
    @welshboyo ;;
    @spark240 ;;
    @Funkfingers ;;
    @steveledzep

So Ive take some time to create a survey to see where people generally are and get an idea of when would be best to do it. 

Please tag anyone who may be interested! Apologies if the survey is rough and ready but it'll do as a starting point DM any suggestions!

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/6YGDYXM
    Nice work, already.

I shall not bother completing the survey. You know where I live. (It is a long way from anywhere but this is an accepted part of life way out West.) I can be flexible over location, date and time to fit in with the majority decision.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Funkfingers you still filled it in, am I not mistaken?

@nunogilberto would you be interested?

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4008
    damnnniitt

I'm Wales, but on the North Coast.... so it's a 4 hour drive for me, so probs not I'm afraid.

Maybe in the future though, depending on work
    Jetfire said:
    @Funkfingers you still filled it in
    I had a gander at the questions but did not submit my answers at the end. 

I have probably done what I do on customer satisfaction surveys. Middle answer all the way through. 
    Be seeing you.
    So there's two people from Haverfordwest on this forum?!

Also... Which joker put Birmingham as a town in?
    edited March 2019
    Jetfire said:
    So there's two people from Haverfordwest on this forum?!
    Me and my sock puppet account. ;)
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Jetfire said:
    Which joker put Birmingham as a town in?
    spark240 is in Walsall - dangerously close to the warehouses of HarrySeven.
    Be seeing you.
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Is there a venue and date established yet, might be up for a little silliness 
    Had a few responses so far which is great, early signs are for a Saturday in  October in South Wales but I'll await a few more responses before taking the next steps.
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Yes, I’m up for that. May be able to rope in one or two others too. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Hi there, I am based in Gloucestershire and could be up for a South Wales jam.

Also, I am helping organise the official tFB jam at Factory Studios in Bristol in June (as is Funkfingers) and wondered if any of you would be interested in coming along?
    @Brocco My understanding is that Jetfire proposes a meeting of South Wales forumites to exchange opinions, try gear and, possibly, enjoy a practical demonstration from a locally-based pickup maker. (See post #3.)

Organised music performance is not in the brief. (All the more reason to subscribe to the Western Jam at Bristol.)

Be seeing you.