Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Attaching pictures - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Attaching pictures

Can somebody give me a clue how to attach pictures here.  I am probably just being dumb but I can’t see a simple attach icon anywhere.
Ta
Peter
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Click the piece of paper icon to make it say image URL , paste your link in and press space. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • So do you need to have the picture saved somewhere to paste a link to them.
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1780
    You need to upload the images to a 3rd party host, e.g. imgur, then paste the direct links (ending in .jpg) into your post here.
  • Its a lot of pissing about isn't it? be much easier if you could just cut n paste like other forums!
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 2989
    tFB Trader
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    FYI you can copy and paste an image URL directly into the comments box as many here do, BUT the images done this way rarely ever render on many mobile devices. A much better approach for everyone involved is to click that page icon and copy the image URL into the box that appears so everyone can see the pictures at all times.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    To add to the above, depending on the platform you're hosting them on, you may need to get "special" links rather than just a straight link to the image (e.g. if you host the images on OneDrive, then you need to go into your OneDrive, select the image, click "Embed<>" on the tool bar, and cut'n'paste the code it generates into the image URL box here - that sorts out all of the access permissions and other jazz without you having to worry about it).
  • Arrrrggghhhh, this could well fall into the CBA category.  I have a Dropbox account with very limited storage so I’ll give it a go.  Thanks for the “how to” link Chris, see you at the guitar show.
  • Mark1960Mark1960 Frets: 326
    Arrrrggghhhh, this could well fall into the CBA category.  I have a Dropbox account with very limited storage so I’ll give it a go.  Thanks for the “how to” link Chris, see you at the guitar show.
    Hi Guitartwin - I was struggling like you yesturday, but persevered, and got it sorted. I created a new Imgur account, uploaded my pictures to it, then copied the link into my post and "hey presto" the pictures appeared! Being in my late 50's it filled me with dread, but I muddled through it, and the whole thing only took about 30 minutes. 5 minutes to do the actual task and 25 minutes of me bumbling around trying to work it out, but once you have done it it's quite straight forward. Have a go and if you get stuck give me a shout if you want.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Moved to Help & Feedback
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Arrrrggghhhh, this could well fall into the CBA category.  I have a Dropbox account with very limited storage so I’ll give it a go.  Thanks for the “how to” link Chris, see you at the guitar show.
    Try an image hosting site such as imgur 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.