Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Bristol Jam - will you volunteer? - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Bristol Jam - will you volunteer?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    robwright said:
    I was thinking 45 mins per song which would give us 8 songs! How many songs do you normally get done at a jam? 
    Oh,,err...can’t remember....maybe about 8-10 songs in sets...so we do say 3 or 4 sets....

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited May 2019
    For a rough guide, 15-20 minutes is ample time to get a recording done, even with 2 or 3 takes. That's how it usually pans out at Sasquatch 

We've done 12-15 in a day before. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    For a rough guide, 15-20 minutes is ample time to get a recording done, even with 2 or 3 takes. That's how it usually pans out at Sasquatch 

We've done 12-15 in a day before. 
    Yep, the key thing is for people to turn up knowing the song, it’s not about learning the song on the day, that wastes time. Ideally get a few runs through with the band to finesse timing in another room first if possible. We lost a bit of time at the last jam as the drummer hadn’t practiced the 7/8 timing in “times like these” so we had three aborted runs trying to get it coordinated.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    mrkb said:
    We lost a bit of time at the last jam as the drummer hadn’t practiced the 7/8 timing
    Now, you know why I did not nominate any Zappa compositions.  :)
    Be seeing you.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    mrkb said:
    We lost a bit of time at the last jam as the drummer hadn’t practiced the 7/8 timing
    Now, you know why I did not nominate any Zappa compositions.  :)
    And here I was thinking we could do Interstellar Overdrive.......
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    resurrecting this - anyone intrested in a fortnightly midweek thing - see this post

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/161708/bristol-midweek-jam-co-conspiritators-required#latest

fanks :)