Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB humbucker guitar....gibson SG or LP? - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB humbucker guitar....gibson SG or LP?

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 958
edited September 2013 in Guitars £
WHY? My budget is up to 450.00 firm! :)

Open to lots, but not too metal! Studio, Tribute, etc.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Have a look at Michael Kelly Patriot - probably the custom. Highly rated - one of the mags gave it best guitar under £500 last year or the year before... you'll get change for your £430 too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    If you want a fairly well sorted SH copy with pickup upgrades and locking tuners my pickup demo Vintage V100 is up for grabs. Chunky neck, Blitz Spirit in the neck ... NightFighter in the bridge. £230 plus delivery. The pickups are worth half of that :) few dings ... pots could be better ... but killer sound.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
    I have a Gibson SG Special . . It's a sweetie. . . . I keep having second thoughts about selling it but my yearning for a USA Deluxe Telecaster is driving me mad so it's got to go, sadly . . It's up for £415 so you'd have cash to spare . . It's got a good quality hard case and upgraded Gibson Humbuckers . I'm in Manchester but I do a fair bit of travelling . . . All the best . . . Mark
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Haigh Custom SG. Uk hand built guitar by Shaun Haigh. Currently fitted with a pair of Kent Armstrong mini-humbuckers. Will do it delivered for your £430. Let me know if want pics
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    monofin said:
    Haigh Custom SG. Uk hand built guitar by Shaun Haigh. Currently fitted with a pair of Kent Armstrong mini-humbuckers. Will do it delivered for your £430. Let me know if want pics
    Oh man, that Haigh is beautiful... I'd managed to put that out of my head :(

• monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    JookyChap said:
    monofin said:
    Oh man, that Haigh is beautiful... I'd managed to put that out of my head :(
    That it is - I just don't get on with SG's so it sits in its case all forlorn and unloved  =((
  • ParkerParker Frets: 958
    Hey mono....I PM'd for piccys if you'd be so kind.
    Before I make my final decision, anyone selling a Les Paul?
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Hmm, I've got one of these http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute-Humbucker.aspx except mine has a rosewood fingerboard, and is worn gold with a light back. I'm not 100% sure if I want to sell it, but if you're interested, let me know, and I'll make my mind up. :)
    mart;23516" said:
    Hmm, I've got one of these http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-50s-Tribute-Humbucker.aspx

except mine has a rosewood fingerboard, and is worn gold with a light back. I'm not 100% sure if I want to sell it, but if you're interested, let me know, and I'll make my mind up. :)
    PM'd!
    Bump....back on the hunt!
    jake_the_pake;33871" said:

Thanks mate - we spoke before. Im not too sure on the finish but it is still a contender. :)