Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SwinJam - Discussion - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SwinJam - Discussion

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
The really really old (in previous-forum-iteration terms) will recall that SwinJam (a Jam in Swindon) was the first of what became relatively regular real-world musical get-togethers. There were 6 or so, plus a GasFest. <sigh> halcyon days.

Anyway, as I am  no longer permanently train-lagged from commuting these days, I thought I'd see who was up for what.  There are a couple of newer really good facilities that could be used, and I'm open to anything from a turn-up-and-jam thing to a pre-planned set of tunes thing, to a backing-track-led thing or a teach-in if anyone feels able/willing.

So, anyone in striking distance of Swindon interested in a weekend daytime thingumy? 

(tagging the locals I'm aware of)

@newi123 ;
@dazzajl ;
"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I'm in Swindon. Could be up for it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    I'm in Swindon. Could be up for it. 
    Nice one :-) 

Do you get out to any gigs locally? Or play locally? 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    I am a Swindon based ampaholic............. very much up for this! I can prob supply a drummer and bassist too if we want to get serious about making some noise.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Could be persuaded to schlep over again .....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    newi123 said:
    I am a Swindon based ampaholic............. very much up for this! I can prob supply a drummer and bassist too if we want to get serious about making some noise.
    Top man Neil 
    edited November 2018

Jalapeno said:
    That would be very cool Mick 
  • TimmyO said:

I play lead guitar in a Swindon based PINK tribute rock band  https://facebook.com/beautifultraumaband. ; Great fun.  Get to shred out on various songs ;)
    TimmyO said:

I play lead guitar in a Swindon based PINK tribute rock band  https://facebook.com/beautifultraumaband. ; Great fun.  Get to shred out on various songs ;)
    Nice - will keep an eye on your page for next years gigs 
  • Cool.  Just booked 2 more today actually,  need to get the events created shortly.
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Jalapeno said:
    Ditto. As long as before late April/Early May as I'll be tied up with newly arrived progeny at that time....
    Lewy said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Ditto. As long as before late April/Early May as I'll be tied up with newly arrived progeny at that time....
    Be ace to see you again Lewy 
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 269
    Also Swindon based - have some bandmates I might able to drag along too once the hectic Christmas period is out of the way. Bass, drums, keys/sax.
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    I live nowhere near Swindon , but equally I live nowhere near Huddersfield and if I can drive 2 hours to go there and jam I’d be up for a Swinjam , work schedule allowing ...
  • I'd be up for that as well as the Chelt one, I'm in Stroud so not far  =)
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Lewy said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Ditto. .
    Ditto
    sticker said:
    I live nowhere near Swindon , but equally I live nowhere near Huddersfield and if I can drive 2 hours to go there and jam I’d be up for a Swinjam , work schedule allowing ...
    and ditto
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    TimmyO said:

Jalapeno said:
    That would be very cool Mick 
    With new guitars to try - B&G Little Sister, PRS S2 Vela (reclaimed wood), Mike Stern Pacifica - oddly no new amps (got more than I want now ... ;) )

Feedback
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 814
    When are we looking at @TimmyO ? A weekend day in Jan?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

So folks - when would you be interested in? 

I've created a Doodle so you can easily indicate your availability :-) 
    edited November 2018
    Show your availability here --->  https://doodle.com/poll/8amk2iqvcczu65sh
  • However it turns out (jam or prepared stuff or whatever) - would be good to meet up. I've diddled in the Doodle.
    Hey folks can you take a look at the date selector and tick the relevant boxes? :-)   --> https://doodle.com/poll/8amk2iqvcczu65sh

@Lewy ;
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    I'm an hour from Swindon so would be interested
    RMJ said:
    I'm an hour from Swindon so would be interested
    do it :-) - clicky the linky! 
    Done

Feedback
  • LewyLewy Frets: 3795
    Done
  • cheers @TimmyO - will take a look  =)
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    Done !
    Right - seems like 26th Jan (8 people) and 5th Jan (6 people) are favourites.

The best place here to do it already has a provisional booking for the 26th - I've pinged the owner (I know him) to ask them to shit or get off the pot. If it's still a no I'll ring a couple other suitable spaces for 26th, and if no joy will book the 'better' place for 5th. 

Please post here or ping me if either date becomes un-doable. 

My thoughts on format: as some of us will be meeting for the first time I though an initial period for low-key chat and show each other your gear might make for a nice ice-breaker, then something a bit more planned/structured to get some playing done - perhaps backing tracks first time out as there' be some faff/chat time that might bore a 'house' band? 

Please do share any thoughts or preferences on this :-)

<chased up venue re the 26th date again yesterday - waiting to hear back> 
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited June 2019
    Good. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter