Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Demon GAS - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Demon GAS

What's Hot
IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
in Guitar tFB Trader
So, here's the thing.

I have exactly the guitar sound I want, great hi end guitars which suit exactly what I'm playing which I'd never sell, I have 3 of the best amps money can buy (IMO) and yet, I still find myself constantly trawling the classifieds/eBay/Guitarmart et al trying to find 'something' else I need.

I don't NEED anything!!

Anyone else suffer this?!

P.S. As a side note, if anyone has an SG Standard in cherry for about £500 quid that they want to move, hit me up!

AAAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!
http://www.ivisonguitars.com
(formerly miserneil)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Yes. I have a Vigier and an ESP modded with some really nice pickups. Yet, I could really use a fixed bridge headless guitar with a flat radius for the occasional Tim Miller / Dan Philips / Holdsworth excursion. Because obviously neither of my current guitars can do that. Of course they can't. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502

miserneil said:
    So, here's the thing.

I have exactly the guitar sound I want, great hi end guitars which suit exactly what I'm playing which I'd never sell, I have 3 of the best amps money can buy (IMO) and yet, I still find myself constantly trawling the classifieds/eBay/Guitarmart et al trying to find 'something' else I need.

I don't NEED anything!!

Anyone else suffer this?!

P.S. As a side note, if anyone has an SG Standard in cherry for about £500 quid that they want to move, hit me up!

AAAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!!!!
    I'd suggest posting this on mumsnet to see whether they're able to offer any advice.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1602
    Sounds to me, Neil, like you need pedals, lots of pedals, hand-made in someone's shed in oregon. Then you need two complete rigs, both in stereo, which will allow you to buy and justify to yourself two each of those pedals. This ought to take a year or two, by which time a new boutique amp will be out. Of course none of this can ever leave the home. For starters, you could never transport it. But more importantly no one must know.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    tFB Trader
    You've got the idea @JohnPerry! :)
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    edited August 2013

Guitars - 5

Amps - 2

Pedals

Phase - 2

Flanger - 1

Chorus - 1

Delay - 2 (digital/analogue)

Drive - 7

Wah - 2

Multi F/X - 1

What's next

Too much to list

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    I've been having all sorts of fun with GAS recently, I've decided on what I'd like, done the research, found the best price and then decided I don't really need it - then started the whole cycle again - guitars, basses, amps, pedals all dismissed.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Keeps us out of trouble though.
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 138
    not with the wife it doesn't!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Was referring to Paul_Cs approach of doing all the research just to dismiss it as unneeded and then start again.
    See, looking is fine, buying ain't.
    Hmm, scrub that looking ain't fine if it's smut (so I've been told).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dean2371dean2371 Frets: 138
    Ah, I see; but how many of us have the willpower to look but not touch I wonder? Perhaps we should do a survey.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    mike_l said:

Guitars - 5

^ There's ya problem right there - just 5 guitars.
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    Paul_C said:
    I've been having all sorts of fun with GAS recently, I've decided on what I'd like, done the research, found the best price and then decided I don't really need it - then started the whole cycle again - guitars, basses, amps, pedals all dismissed.

That's exactly what I do, turns out it's a cheap hobby to have.
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    gas is not a problem at all, its something to be enjoyed and savoured.

its not something to be fought against
    :-\"
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    it wasn't always so . . I have owned loads of different guitars/basses/drums/etc.  - but recently I have managed to become a little more sensible

:)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    Zodiac51 said:
    mike_l said:

Guitars - 5

^ There's ya problem right there - just 5 guitars.

Lucky I've got mild(ish) GAS for another............
    B-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
      I hear you!

I own three amps (guitar, plus 2 for bass) atm, and am very satisfied with the sounds they give me.  BUT, I can't help but lust after this that or the other one.  Whatever catches my eye/ear...   The rotter who posted the Vyper VIP thread kicked off a youtube marathon, that had me wanting one- AND a Blackstar ID series, AND a Delta Blues.

I also own 5 guitars.  Okay, four good ones and a cheapie I want to mod- if I ever get around to it.  My GAS is mostly slaked- I've got all my bases covered, I LIKE all four of them, and take turns at which I love the most.

MIA SSS Standard Strat
    MIM Blacktop series HH Strat
    Squier  CV Tele-  It wasn't until I had a hankering for some slapback and surfy stuff that I fell in love with this.
    Ibanez RG series HH hardtail.  My first, and I still love it!  The passive buckers on this are very vintagey sounding, and this and my Super Champ X2 are a match made in heaven.

So, I really don't need any more guitars.  Still didn't stop me from salivating all over a Danelectro Baritone on Craigs list a few minutes ago...  Nor has it stopped my lust for a resonator guitar- preferrably a National Dobro.  ( and I'm NOT into acoustics at all)

I'm also semi interested in a Lester-alike.  Are there any that sound close, but don't have that $&%@ing angled headstock that begs to be broken?  I'm NOT dropping a grand or two on a Gibbo, just so my clumsy arse can kick it over and snap the headstock off.        (and I would, too!)

I'd also sell my firstborn child for a Firebird like Allen Collins played.  It was just a gorgeous looking-and sounding guitar.  Complete to the P90 in the bridge.

Don't get me started on pedals or bass gear...

Compressor 1
    OD 3
    Distortion 2
    Fuzz 1
    Flanger 1
    Phaser 1
    Chorus 3
    Delay 2
    Tremolo 1
    Reverb 1
    Noise suppressor 1
    pedal tuner 1
    EQ 2
    multi 1

Mind you- all three of my amps are modellers with built in effects...  Still drawn like a moth to the pedal display case at Guitar Center whenever I'm there.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6806
    tFB Trader
    So continuing on from my previous post about not NEEDING anything at all, why, prey tell, has this turned up this morning??:

The kids won't eat this week and I'll have to default on the mortgage.....but at least I have a Les Paul with P90's now...!
    ;)
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jaygtrjaygtr Frets: 218
    miserneil;21451" said:
    So continuing on from my previous post about not NEEDING anything at all, why, prey tell, has this turned up this morning??:

The kids won't eat this week and I'll have to default on the mortgage.....but at least I have a Les Paul with P90's now...!

;)

I really need that!
    miserneil said:

;)
    It's either necessary evil, or some nice bloke decided to donate it to you

• miserneil said:

;)

Neil, that is gorgeous, and a wraptail too. P90 Goldtops look great lent against a J40 ;)