Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Dennis Norden - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Dennis Norden

What's Hot
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    Hell of an innings and a fascinating career
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Another perennial performer. 96 though.
    RIP. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    A very good innings and he gave us, our parents and probably our grandparents, many laughs along the way. He was also much-respected in his industry.

This was something I posted in a 'Celeb-spotting' post a while back:-

We used to score these 'Star/Celeb Spots' at work when our then offices were off Oxford St/Goodge St (Fitzrovia) and we called them 'Nordens' as Dennis Norden lived around there and he was the most spotted (almost on a daily basis). In that time, mid-80s to 2014, there were too many star spots to mention ..

R.I.P
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    And saw Tibet. Goodnight Denis.  
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2394
    Driving home from work in the evenings more than twenty years ago I'd often listen to that Radio 4 quiz show that had Frank Muir and Dennis Norden. Those guys were so sharp-witted and at the same time absolute gents. Two huge talents, both now departed. RIP Mr Norden 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Obit on Radio 4 tonight, listening to Dennis talking about walking into Belsen at the end of the war. Simple but moving.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • I liked the way he was able to say something  really intelligent and witty using language that I could understand as a kid.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    As mentioned, he was a great pairing with Frank Muir, happy memories from my childhood. Had a wonderful intonation of voice
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    ........I used to work with a guy who went everywhere with a clipboard ..........we nicknamed him Dennis Norden
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
     Danny Baker tells the story of a discarded Dennis Norden idea -  by day she was a law officer, by night she sang in nightclubs: presenting Tarara Boom, DA. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter