Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: Polytune Mini - FX £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: Polytune Mini

digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
Anyone got one spare? Could trade for my Hardwire HT-6, or pay a reasonable amount of cash...
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Dude, are those HT-6's buffered or true-bypass?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    True bypass, apparently - at least according to their site. I've never been particularly bothered, since I always have my buffered Weeping Demon as the first in the chain.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    I was kinda curious about going back to a buffered tuner as my first pedal in my chain after a particularly ropey set of patch cables (mogami cable if you can believe that!!) and I have a mini here. Shame it's true bypass though, not much use to me! But the first four pedals in my chain are all true bypass and I think it sometimes results in a bit of tone suck!
    Fair dos...personally, I'm not 100% convinced that it's true bypass (it is in the marketing gumph, after all), but I know of no real way to test it.

All that aside...why not just get yourself a cheap buffer, or even DIY one?
    <space for hire>
  • I have one spare since moving back to the Boss TU3 - boxed in vgc - £35 posted.
    I have one spare since moving back to the Boss TU3 - boxed in vgc - £35 posted.
    Deal. PM me your payment details :)
    <space for hire>