Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread... - Events Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Quad Jam (Nov 2018AD) FINAL Set list thread...

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    mrkb said:

People who have paid but not signed up to anything - please let me know what you fancy playing on:-

@Roland

I wasn’t expecting to play. I’m primarily there to meet people, and help with set ups and rehearsals.

If you are short of players then Brown Sugar, Get Back, Teenage Kicks, and Wishing Well are in my current set list. I can also drop into Hey Joe, Rocking in the Free World, Waterloo Sunset, and While My Guitar without preparation, and a few more with a bit of thought.

I’m currently 75% of the way through writing out lyrics, chords and arrangements for the Quad song list. Won’t get any time over the weekend, but expect to finish early next week.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • @Roland - have a play on the day! At least one song - it's part of the experience :)

I love seeing a diverse range of people turn up, play together, get a kick out of it, and chat enthusiastically afterwards. 

Course, it will be great to see you there and chat - but if you're there, well, hell, why not eh?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    TTony said:
    No worries Chris @legionreturns - you've done the time, so you do the tune.  I've not even picked a bass up since ages.

And, more importantly, the jeans don't fit anymore
    Well if you want another bass track...my fingers don't move nearly fast enough for Mark King impressions yet! :( 
    LOLz - and that was *your* suggestion IIRC !!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    @Roland - have a play on the day! 
    Happy to do that. I’ll play at any opportunity. However I already get rehearse/perform weekly. So I’ll fill gaps rather than take a place that someone else would benefit from the event.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Roland said:
    @Roland - have a play on the day! 
    Happy to do that. I’ll play at any opportunity. However I already get rehearse/perform weekly. So I’ll fill gaps rather than take a place that someone else would benefit from the event.
    There's always at least one song where we holler into the setup room asking for someone who wants to have a twang on x cos there's a gap :)
  • TTony said:
    TTony said:
    No worries Chris @legionreturns - you've done the time, so you do the tune.  I've not even picked a bass up since ages.

And, more importantly, the jeans don't fit anymore
    Well if you want another bass track...my fingers don't move nearly fast enough for Mark King impressions yet! :( 
    LOLz - and that was *your* suggestion IIRC !!
    It was, and I'll get there once my finger starts getting back to normal ... it's just taking it's sweet time. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mrkb said:

Anyone else fancy trying something else? Bass slots and signing and guitar available!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=760388105

I've had a look at Wishing Well and I can do bass on that.  Also, for guitar I mentioned Brown Sugar and Waterloo Sunset (the "lead" part) which haven't been added to the spreadsheet.
  • Update: Thin Lizzy - nailed it! What a bass line! 

• I was originally down (or is that up?) for

Wanted Dead or alive - Bon Jovi - Rhythm, but will have a go at the intro.
    Hey Joe - Jimi H - Rhythm, but would try a lead solo of some kind

No Green Day on the list so will add Rhythm on Rockin' ITFW

But, in truth, would like to play on a few others. 

Will give guitar on Holiday road a shot also
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    To keep @TTony company, there's an outside shot that I might consider rhythm for JJ Cale's Crazy Mama.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Hey guys....I’m happy to do another guitar on Thin Lizzy ?....we used to do an Acoustic version..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240 said:
    Hey guys....I’m happy to do another guitar on Thin Lizzy ?....we used to do an Acoustic version..
    YES!!

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    edited September 2018
    Sorry...also Dead or alive elec or acoustic ,and  Get Back....?

and...I missed the whole payment thing.....what’s the deal ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Anybody else helping on holiday road then? 
    I'm on that Level 42 one with @Legionreturns

Don't think I can commit to others
    @mrkb -could you do a who’s down to play what update?  Then we can make any calls that need making ...
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited September 2018

Latest update:-

Songs at risk of being dropped:-

Dancing in the moonlight - needs a singer

Juniors Wailing - needs another guitarist

Kings of Speed - needs a bass player

Mardy Bum - needs a lead/riff player

Rocking in the Free World - needs a singer

Wanted dead or alive - needs solo and bass player

Word up - needs a bass player

Crazy Mama - needs a solo or rhythm player

While My Guitar Gently Weeps - needs a guitar

Still don't think everyone has chosen songs yet!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17wVgYt1RDjEr2LDEAWGY1-w4OSoMKrDqypiq8ULObBc/edit#gid=760388105

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I’ll do bass on Wanted dead or alive

@Roland has created a great set of song chord and lyric guides, these should help you learn the song and will also help others be able to practice it with you on the day. Thanks Roland!

Rolands excellent song guides:-

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/le2gu6rk260w5z2/AAB_lsFmXNXB77b0ygMu8-Qga?dl=0

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    I'll have a crack at singing Free World. Might be up for some other blanks.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Might be up for lead on Mardy Bum, but need to listen to it again first (tomorrow job)
    Snags said:
    Might be up for lead on Mardy Bum, but need to listen to it again first (tomorrow job)

Cheers,

'lead' is basically a "do do dee do dee do" style riff I think

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 19
    edited September 2018
    mrkb said:

@Roland has created a great set of song chord and lyric guides, these should help you learn the song and will also help others be able to practice it with you on the day. Thanks Roland!

@Legionreturns Can you confirm what your playing as I've always played the verse as Em7 - D - C - G5 (sliding to B5) but got G down as opening chord on cheat sheet (Dancing in the moonlight).
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    I’ll do bass on Wanted dead or alive
    OK. ..I'll be Ritchie Sambora and play lead on that one with you.

:)
  • Oh I see there are other folk on holiday road- thank you!
  • i will sing Dancing in the moonlight if nobody else wants to
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited September 2018
    Shelders said:
    mrkb said:

@Legionreturns Can you confirm what your playing as I've always played the verse as Em7 - D - C - G5 (sliding to B5) but got G down as opening chord on cheat sheet (Dancing in the moonlight).
    @Shelders ;; This was a few days ago. I'm still getting better, but slightly hampered as I can't fret with my index finger yet. Give it another month and I'll have full use of my hand again! 

Verse progression goes E - D - C - G but the bass intro starts on a G 

mrkb said:

Juniors Wailing - needs another guitarist

Oh no it doesn't
    ;)

Given that I've got the talented Mr @Bridgehouse on bass, I can cover rhythm & lead on that.  About time I did some lead work.

Unless anyone else wants to put their hand up of course ...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    edited September 2018
    @mrkb I think @munckee wanted lead on Mardy Bum, though I think we may need to do it twice.

If he doesn't want it, I'm happy to do a solo on it it's a nice one.

Edit - also if no-one else wants it ill happily sing rocking in the free world.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Lmfao...

2018AD 

Just spat my drink out at that one.
    Well played Mark.
  • Newcomers - don’t be put off by songs filling up or slots being occupied - let us know what you fancy trying (if anything) and your name will go on the list regardless! 

If we have to do songs twice then that’s absolutely fine - it happens pretty often!