Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Close this section? - Personnel Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Close this section?

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
I'm minded to close this section down - there was a suggestion that it might be useful, but it's not being used.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FazerFazer Frets: 466
    maybe rename it to musicians wanted/available? (if that is what its for)

i dont know how many members are registered here currently, i kept checking back on musicradar for weeks before i did a web search a few days ago to see what was happening and then stumbled across this one.
    it may be that over the next months a lot more people will join
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Even on the old site there was only a couple of posts a month - if that.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Fazer said:
    i dont know how many members are registered here currently

567 :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    I'd say leave it. :)
    It's not like it takes a lot of space and it might become more popular in the (near) future. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    Change the name to musicians as suggested by Fazer.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Maybe put a sticky discussion "Musicians wanted" in Misc.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ddlooping said:
    It's not like it takes a lot of space and it might become more popular in the (near) future. :)
    or just useful and nice to have on the occasions it's needed.  I'm sure it will be valued and get used, even if only occasionally.

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    ddlooping said:
    or just useful and nice to have on the occasions it's needed.  I'm sure it will be valued and get used, even if only occasionally.
    Indeed. :)
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1071
    Why can't people use the Misc Classifed or Live Playing categories?
    It's an unnecessary luxury to have this hanging around for a tiny minority of users and the less a section is used, the less it gets looked at, surely?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    I was one of the people who petitioned for the column in MR. Not that it got a lot of use but without it was very unclear where such ads should go otherwise and they were popping up all over the place. Sites like Partysounds and Joinmyband get reasonable traffic so it may also be a development area for this forum. I guess the main problem is that this forum is mainly guitarists and guitarists aren't usually looking for other guitarists. However, over on Basschat the equivalent thread seems to be found by a lot of people looking for bassists who otherwise aren't forum regulars there. Give it a bit more time.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    ddlooping said:
    rather more succinctly put than I managed!
    .... However, over on Basschat the equivalent thread seems to be found by a lot of people looking for bassists who otherwise aren't forum regulars there. Give it a bit more time.
    heh, i just did search for basschat

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • change the name to musicians wanted or whatever.

And yeah give it a bit of time, I will post something on there in a few weeks.
    Old Is Gold
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Maybe adding notices re.  local Jam nights and forum get-togethers in here would widen the scope a wee bit?

Fazer;18631" said:
    EricTheWeary said:

.... However, over on Basschat the equivalent thread seems to be found by a lot of people looking for bassists who otherwise aren't forum regulars there. Give it a bit more time.

heh, i just did search for basschat
    just re read that and spotted the missing B. Wonder what ads they have over on Asschat?
    Dissapointingly Asschat is the name of a small town in Holland. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    A gigs listing section would be good ... or a dorty whoooers who 'put out' section failing that :)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 21788
    Dissapointingly Asschat is the name of a small town in Holland. :(
    They play in League Division 3 along with Excited Rimjohb, Faaartijn Young Boys, and FC Klunje. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    why not just rename this section to Asschat?

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849

I requested this section too as there was quite a busy equivalent on MR. Perhaps it needs renaming to 'Musician's wanted' would make its purpose clearer (?)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I agree musicians wanted makes more sense, I missed it the first scan though the forums.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    edited September 2013
    It could of course be that everyone knows what we're like here and doesn't want to risk an ad. for fear that one of us might actually apply for the job.

• I think this section is valid.

I hope that someone on here applies for that job teaching bass guitar I put on here.  I'd like to see how they get on.
  • JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
    Musicians wanted. I'm really struggling to find a band at the moment. :(
  • Where are you and what kind of music are you trying to play
    Old Is Gold
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 212
    Where are you and what kind of music are you trying to play
    Bottom trumpet...

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• GIJoe;216504" said:
    Antique_Guitars said:

Where are you and what kind of music are you trying to play

Bottom trumpet...
    Bum notes all over the place.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1470
    i agree keep it and rename it...i've had great success with limited use of this
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    I look in on it this thread once in a while, but nothing much happening.

Why not add a drums and bass thread to the main forum and classifieds forum.  MR never really limited their forum and it did have those in, so it got all sorts of weirdos and drummers.  :)

Once word gets out, the forum will be buzzing with all sorts of people.  I want commission for that suggestion.  :)

I was a bit disappointed with the MR one because there was only ever one ad,  asking for a few musos to pop round and have a jam locally, and the two responses I made were completely ignored.  Interestingly the original poster also posted again and again my response was ignored. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I think the main problem is that the forum is 99% guitarists so all the ads are "Wanted someone who isn't a guitarist" which promptly gets zero responses. 

I've got an ad up for vocalist wanted and not a sniff.