Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2 - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sasquatch and on ... Huddersfield Jam #2

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
edited June 2018 in Events
Slight change of focus.

The lack of numbers for this mean that I'm going to cancel the various events that were lined up to happen alongside the jam/playing stuff.  They'd just not be credible.   Persuading a business to come along to a mini-show, where the "UK's biggest" guitar forum is having a big birthday bash with 50-odd members around is hard enough.  Selling that when its 20 mates having a jam in a studio is somewhat harder.  It'd not be worth their time.

The planned live stream and press involvement won't happen either.
:(

@Legionreturns has done a lot of prep work for the studio & gig events and they're OK to go ahead (as long as not too many withdraw!).  Looks like @bridgehouse is happy to re-take control of the setlist planning too, so all the background organising ball ache is covered.

So ...

Re-titled this thread and carry on!

Right then, time to make this official and get dates in diaries.

[edit, no longer "party"]

Before anyone asks Hudderswhere, I'll just point out that  Huddersfield is pretty much equidistant from 9 of the 10 largest population centres in the UK, midway between London and Edinburgh/Glasgow, and midway between east & west coasts.      The objective was to pick somewhere that many of our members could get to (not just those South of the M4!) that had the right facilities, with some local knowledge to help us organise the weekend (thanks again  @Legionreturns !)
http://www.sasquatch-music.com/

[edit, no longer "party"]

The main activity will be a load of formal (setlisted) and informal jam sessions, all of which can be properly recorded, a lot of gear show-and-tell-and-lust,

[
edit, no longer "party"]

Full events details will be confirmed closer to the time.

On the Sat eve, we've got a private club booked for beer & barbecue and some entertainment to be provided by theFBBand.

People are welcome to attend on Sat only, on Sun only, or both days.  We're looking at sourcing some local accommodation at preferential rates, which we can confirm when we know the numbers who want to stay over.

Numbers are limited (just because we can't fit 100 people in the studios), so we can have 40 people there each day.

I'm going to book this in three lists.

List1:  20 spaces:  people who want to attend both days.
List2:  20 spaces, people who want to attend Saturday only.
List3:  20 spaces, people who want to attend Sunday only.

If lists 2 and 3 aren't fully booked when all spaces on list 1 are taken, then I'll release some of the day-places to people wanting to attend the full weekend.  For those travelling any distance, it's obviously going to make sense to stay for both days, and 

There is a cost to this - it's not just bring-a-bottle

£40 for the weekend
£25 for the single days only

PPG/F&F to theFretboard@outlook.com

Note that your accommodation and beer (and food) is on top of that cost.

There's already been a thread running with people expressing interest, so this is open to them first - and I'll tag each of them in the next post.

The third post will keep a list of confirmed - and paid-up - attendees and a reserve list if that becomes necessary.

And thanks also to @Bridgehouse who's helping me organise all of this ...
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
Hudds.jpg 233.6K
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited May 2018
    edited June 2018
    List1:  Both days, 25 places

01 MarkBlagdon
    02 vasselmeyer
    03 ArchtopDave
    04   LuttiS
    05  thomasross20
    06 modellista
    07 CustomPedalBoards (pending payment @CustomPedalBoards  ;;;;;;;;;)
    08 sticker
    09 m_c (pending payment @m_c ;;;;;;;;;;;;)
    10 timmyo
    11 shuikit
    12 Guitars4You
    13 Phil_aka_Pip
    14 darthed1981
    15 snags
    16 pmbomb
    17 SteveRobinson
    18 TheOtherDennis
    19 Slacker
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited June 2018
    List2:  Saturday, 10 places

01 McToot
    02 Fandango (either/or)

List 3:  Sunday, 10 places

01 richardhomer
    02 Fandango (either/or)
    03 Rowby1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Other useful stuff ...
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    I’m assuming that I don’t need to express separate intentions as you are assuming I will be there (esp as I’m on camping security detail)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Pass out approved,
    payment made,
    weekend booked on calendar!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited May 2018
    I’m assuming that I don’t need to express separate intentions as you are assuming I will be there (esp as I’m on camping security detail)
    Already "in" are;
    @Bridgehouse
    @Legionreturns
    @Sasquatch_Bob
    @Digitalscream

[edit]
    and me ...

mrkb said:
    Pass out approved,
    payment made,
    weekend booked on calendar!
    First place on list1 !!!

In years to come, you can say that you were #1 at *that* event.
    ;)
    TTony said:
    List1:  Both days, 20 places

01 MarkBlagdon
    Billy no mates......
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mrkb said:
    TTony said:

01 MarkBlagdon
    Billy no mates......
    You’re going to be learning a lot of solos...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    Me, both days.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    I definitely will be there on the Sunday if a place is available for me. @Bridgehouse if I transfer the money to you, can you pass it on please - assuming @TTony’s ok with this?
    I definitely will be there on the Sunday if a place is available for me. @Bridgehouse if I transfer the money to you, can you pass it on please - assuming @TTony’s ok with this?
    Yes of course.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    edited May 2018
    Both days for me please Tony. 
    @TTony  please could you clarify the address for payment -is it "Fretboard@outlook.com", or "theFretboard@outlook.com"??

Be good to see you again @ArchtopDave ;

:)

its theFretBoard@outlook.com
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    Payment sent. 
    Payment sent via @Bridgehouse ;
    Sorry - I totally forgot to reply to you message ;)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    It's worth saying there's no restriction on numbers for the evening do. Invite friends and family to come and watch us of you wish. The only cost will be beer money and a nominal fee per head if you want bbq but I'll need to know rough numbers for food in advance as the venue are buying the meat etc

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Confirmed - all paid up 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It's worth saying there's no restriction on numbers for the evening do. Invite friends and family to come and watch us of you wish. The only cost will be beer money and a nominal fee per head if you want bbq but I'll need to know rough numbers for food in advance as the venue are buying the meat etc
    Where’s the evening do being held?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    TTony said:

01 MarkBlagdon
    02 vesselmeyer
    03 richardhomer
    04 ArchtopDave
    I should just be down for Sunday @TTony.
    mrkb said:
    Outlane Bowling Club

Stainland Rd, Holywell Green, Huddersfield HD3 3YU

mrkb said:
    Outlane Bowling Club

Stainland Rd, Holywell Green, Huddersfield HD3 3YU

Wow my wifes grandparents lived 200m from there - opposite The Commercial.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    I don't know why,  but I had a feeling it might be a bowling club! 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Can we do “Take the skinheads bowling” by the Manics ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Have to say ... I'm not quite overwhelmed by the response so far?
    TTony said:
    Have to say ... I'm not quite overwhelmed by the response so far?
    I’m sure we’ll both have a great time....
    I've also got a t shirt deal sorted. 

Do you both want one? :/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Is it worth putting a notice in the guitar section for those that don’t view by discussions view?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
This discussion has been closed.