Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: Bass for beginner, especially short scale - Basses £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: Bass for beginner, especially short scale

geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 51
edited May 2018 in Basses £
Hi everyone

I'm considering picking up an inexpensive bass for my girlfriend as she's interested in learning.

It needs to be easy to play, sound ok and be in good condition. Most styles considered but nothing pointy. Bonus if it's short scale but not essential

Budget is in the region of £70-£100 delivered to Bromsgrove or I can collect around the Bromsgrove/Worcester/Warwick areas.

Thanks!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Fender/Squier Jaguar Short Scale is the obvious suggestion. Finding one within budget will be difficult.

The Squier Bronco might be found within budget but is a vastly inferior instrument. 

@HarrySeven offered an old short scale bass for sale amongst one of his 2018 job lot listings. Perhaps, he still has it and at a price to suit you? Seven Towers is only slightly further North of Bromsgrove than Warwick is East. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 7650

Sadly gone, Mr. FF. Sorry! :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• That's a shame @HarrySeven! Thanks anyway, and thanks for the advice @Funkfingers .
  • Bump
    edited May 2018
     :3 
    Be seeing you.
  • geetarguy85geetarguy85 Frets: 51
    edited April 2018
    Nope! She's a drummer. By "easy to play" I mean comparatively easy :-P
    edited May 2018
     :3 
    Be seeing you.
    Bump
  • neil68neil68 Frets: 4
    I wish i'd seen this before the weekend. I'm selling an Ibanez GSR200B for £100, but would really want to deliver it closer to my hometown in Northants.
    Bump!
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 992
    Tried thomann?