Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). £800 for PRS Custom 24? - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

£800 for PRS Custom 24?

2»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Adam_MD said:
    stonevibe said:
    That ended at £560!!! What a bargainous price.  :-O
    Hence why a knackered Custom with the wrong pickups isn't shifting at £800. (Sorry "£785"... )

CEs are even cheaper - although that doesn't mean they're lesser models as a lot of people think, they were just cheaper new because they were less expensive to make with the bolt-on neck. Exactly the same quality as a Custom.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    ICBM said:
    Adam_MD said:
    stonevibe said:
    That ended at £560!!! What a bargainous price.  :-O
    Hence why a knackered Custom with the wrong pickups isn't shifting at £800. (Sorry "£785"... )

CEs are even cheaper - although that doesn't mean they're lesser models as a lot of people think, they were just cheaper new because they were less expensive to make with the bolt-on neck. Exactly the same quality as a Custom.
    I quite fancy a CE myself as they tend to come in plain colours more often and generally my taste in guitars is more 'F' than 'G', so bolt on makes perfect sense to me.
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    What are the PRS Standard 24s like? Same quality but without a fancy top?
    DefaultM said:
    What are the PRS Standard 24s like? Same quality but without a fancy top?
    Solid mahogany body rather than mahogany/maple. That's not just a cosmetic difference, it has a big effect on the tone - darker, more open and resonant. Other than that they're identical. You could get them with bird inlays if that's your thing, although moons seem more common.

The Standard 22 - with trem and moons - is my favourite PRS, and the one I bought new (admittedly shop-dinged, so a bit cheaper) having tried several others and realising that's what I wanted.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

Do they have a carved top? I can't tell from the pics.
    DefaultM said:
    Yes, identical in every way to a Custom except no maple.

Some of the more recent ones are matt finish though, if that matters. Personally I think it looks crap.

• DefaultM;19630" said:
    Yes. Bodies are exactly the same shape as maple-top versions.
  • stonevibe said:
    I hate to inform you all, but the sky is about to fall on our heads, because me liking a PRS guitar is surely the beginning of the end...

Thats lovely! No, really... help, there must be something wrong with me! 
    Picked up a really nice flamed maple top CE22 for £750 :)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    DefaultM said:
    Picked up a really nice flamed maple top CE22 for £750 :)
    Awesome!    but we need pics ;) :)
  • geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    edited August 2013
    That is frickin' lovely! Just missed out on a silver CE22 that went today on ebay for £620, but that is far more beautiful!

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    Very nice indeed -  looks almost identical to my first cu22.    I hope it plays as nice as it looks....  tempting me to start looking for another, although it'll be a santana or an EG next I think :)
    It's very nice. The strings are rusty and its dirty so it can only get better. I just can't decide if I should stick with the 9's that are on there or go up to 9-46 or 10-46. The 9's are too easy to play.

I was looking at the silver one on ebay, but my main guitar is silver, I don't particularly like silver and I didn't want to start a theme haha.