Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). URGENT guitarist needed for cover band. 2 gigs in April Ipswich, uk. - Personnel Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

URGENT guitarist needed for cover band. 2 gigs in April Ipswich, uk.

What's Hot
FriskyDingoFriskyDingo Frets: 18
edited March 2018 in Personnel
Dilithium, 4 piece rock cover band, urgently seeking guitarist for 2 paid gigs in April and possibly more through the year when needed. Quick learner Rhythm and/or solos for some songs

Myself and the other guitarist play/share both rhythm and lead (songs shown below). We're a group of all ages (20's, 30's, 40's). 

Get in touch with Chris, <ADMIN EDIT: deleted personal contact details, send a PM instead>, if you're interested, start coming to our practices play along with us, to get a feel and see if it's for you. We can also be found on Facebook.

Set list
Undertones - teenage kicks
Clash - I fought the law
Kinks - all the day and all of the night
David Bowie/eagles of death metal - moonage daydream
Weezer - my name is jonas
Jimmy eat world - the middle
Fu Manchu - squash that fly
Muse - psycho
Ramones - somebody put something in my drink
Rainbow - since you’ve been gone
David Bowie - suffragette city
The cure - Friday I’m in love
Foo fighters - learn to fly

Ramones - blitzkrieg bop
Zz top - legs
Adam ant - stand & deliver
The cult - lil devil
Me first and the gimme gimmies - rocket man
AC/DC - shook me all night long
Black sabbath - paranoid
Buzzcocks - ever fallen in love
The sweet - Ballroom blitz
Billy idol - dancing by myself
Kiss - love gun
Norman greenbaum - spirit in the sky
David Bowie - heroes
Fleetwood mac - go your own way

Green day - holiday
Beastie boys - sabotage
Electric six - danger high voltage
Hives - hate to say I told you so
Queens of the stone age - go with the flow
Rocky horror - time warp
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    Good setlist! We do half of them too :)
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Edited your title to say "guitarist", otherwise most folk browsing using Recent Discussions would probably have thought you were trying to borrow a guitar...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Didn't notice that thanks. It's a set that gets punters involved, we just need another guitarist as a 3 piece it's sounds thin
  • Whereabouts are you based, and where are the gigs?
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited March 2018
    Didn't notice that thanks. It's a set that gets punters involved, we just need another guitarist as a 3 piece it's sounds thin
    We got one guitarist and I don’t think it’s too thin but then we have a keyboardist - have you considered that? Especially for timewarp etc. Here’s us doing buzzcocks. Should have done it a bit quicker. 

https://youtu.be/HuOsMtd-GxM
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Just FYI, I've removed the personal contact details from the OP. We don't allow them in the classifieds here, for privacy/safety reasons. Feel free to give them out by private message, though.
    <space for hire>
  • We're in Ipswich and surrounding areas both gigs in Ipswich

• Just FYI, I've removed the personal contact details from the OP. We don't allow them in the classifieds here, for privacy/safety reasons. Feel free to give them out by private message, though.

Sorry I didn't realise, thanks again 
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    Edited your title to say "guitarist", otherwise most folk browsing using Recent Discussions would probably have thought you were trying to borrow a guitar...

@digitalscream Further disappointment could be avoided by again editing the title to stress that this is not for a Foreigner tribute. :(

;)

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    I am just outside the town, been a hired gun many a time so if you are stuck get in touch with the dates you need covered and I'll see if I'm free.

What you get: Experienced guitarist with pro quality gear/transport/attitude.
    What you don't get: Youth and good looks. (but I gigged some of that set when they were hit singles).

I also have some useful local contacts in case I can't help direct.

Kevin.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    @FriskyDingo ; Chris, you should be contacted By Gary A (Hippo) who can do both these dates and is a very capable guitarist.
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1178
    pm sent
    Link to my trading feedback
  • All sorted now thanks everyone for your offers good to know there's people out there just in case