Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Psychedelic rock - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Psychedelic rock

What's Hot
frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
edited January 2018 in Plug My Stuff
Something I recorded over a tr606 drum machine...

https://soundcloud.com/fc1985/psychedelic-jam-thingy#t=0:00
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I really enjoyed that. Quite a funky bass line. great use of wah. And I’m guessing the sustained lines were an e-bow?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    Thanks man, yes that's an ebow at the start 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    I like that .. make sure you enter it in the current Fretboard challenge. It certainly qualifies ...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/120406/composition-challenge-21-a-new-year-time-to-set-new/p1

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Yes, I like it. Nice ideas and layers of sound.
    It's not a competition.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Shades of Yello, Tangerine Dream, and Pink Floyd with that lovely ambient vibe underpinning it all.
    Very listenable, but finishes before it gets going. Plenty in those 3 minutes to explore and make into an extended version.

PS - the sequence between 0:49 to 0:55 reminds of something, but I'm trying to place it. Possibly the melody (not beat) from the long introduction of FGTH's Welcome to the Pleasuredome, but it'll bug me 'til I get there.
    edited January 2018
    Fretwired said:
    I like that .. make sure you enter it in the current Fretboard challenge. It certainly qualifies ...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/120406/composition-challenge-21-a-new-year-time-to-set-new/p1

Done!

Thanks all for the positive feedback. @fandango, yes it does finish abruptly - i regret not drawing it out a bit but I tend to not to add to tracks after the first round of mixing. Let me know if you figure out what that melody's from - I probably subsconsciosly ripped it off from somewhere!
  • Excellent.

Like Fretwired said, get involved in the composition challenge - there's some good music in you.

I'd give two pieces of feedback...

Firstly, give it a name! Make it a 'thing' that has it's own 'life' out in the world.

Secondly, don't worry so much about whether something is 'ripped off' or whether it's 'unique' or whatever. There's nothing new under the sun. What is unique is each individual's artistic expression (if we're doing it right).
    What's the saying? "Talent borrows, genius steals"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1309
    Very good!
    edited January 2018
    bodhi said:
    Very good!
    Thanks   B)
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2459
    tFB Trader
    Massive Attack meets Funkadelic - Nice
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    I wrote this 10 years ago still sounds great ..
  • I like it, but it seems like it wants to burst forth into something with a strong drumbeat and a guitar wigout. Think Hawkwind ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    I like it, it’s got a soundtrack feel to it
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice. Very much like early Porcupine Tree. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Really good. Weird what other people here reminds me in a good way of second coming style john squire. 
  • Wow. John Squire is my favourite

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey