Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Neil Young cover - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Neil Young cover

I'd been meaning to learn this for ages, finally did it with the help of Marty Schwartz/Guitar Jamz's Youtube video. Then I remembered I had an old Guitarist cover cd with a backing track on it to play along to.

Couldn't have played this properly on a Strat, Tele or Epi Dot, it needs a Les Paul! Got it out of my system now, so I need a new song to learn...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 897
    Cool man, good job. 
    Try cortez the killer next. The rhythm bits are easier and it's got a great pentatonic lead intro. You can pretty much improvise it and still sound like neil. Hey hey my my has a cool riff also  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    I think the CD has a Cortez the Killer backing track on there as well...

I also did this a couple of years ago: 

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Nice work mate. :)>-
  • Great cover made ever better by the Young-esque shirt. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • guitariguitari Frets: 19
    Nice job, well done.