Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Malcolm Young R.I.P. - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Malcolm Young R.I.P.

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
edited November 2017 in Tributes
Gutted.... RIP,  but I'm glad he is no longer suffering, what a legacy!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Very sad news.
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Very sad to learn of his departing. 
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    that is sad, dementia is no respecter of talent or ability.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 967
    edited November 2017
    What a band. RIP Malcolm.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2339
    RIP Malcolm. 
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1583
    Up there as the best riff writer ever RIP
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Very sad news.

I played his part in a DC tribute for six years. It didn’t take me long to fully appreciate the genius of his rhythm playing. Unique.

RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • No words.  Ride On, Malcolm.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Gutted.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Sad indeed and glad FB exists as I've not seen anything yet on mainstream media - RIP Malcolm
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Very sad news...RIP 
  • garfygarfy Frets: 143
    RIP Malcolm :(
  • Sad indeed. What a great guitar player. RIP Malcolm 
    Link to my trading feedback
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4843
    R.I.P. Glad too that he is suffering no longer. Sad to see him go...
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Sad news. :(

Was watching Let There Be Rock on dvd last night and was thinking how horrible dementia must be. What a legend.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    According to the Daily Telegraph, it's a bit of a double whammy for the Young family, as older brother George Young also recently passed away (October).

RIP indeed.

Malcom's passing another end-of-an-era moment in guitarist history. Sincere condolences to the remaining family, and to the band.

For those about to rock ....... 
  • Probably the greatest rhythm guitarist ever....thanks for the memories
  • My favourite player bar none. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    Sad indeed and glad FB exists as I've not seen anything yet on mainstream media - RIP Malcolm
    Liz kershaw mentioned it on 6 radio, but apart from that...

Proper legend! Malcolm, that is.. :/
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    It's number one read item on the bbc news website
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • adampeter said:
    Probably the greatest rhythm guitarist ever....thanks for the memories
    Angus might be the face of the band but Malcolm was the voice. Probably the best rock guitar player ever, for my money. 

“We salute you...” 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Heaven's gonna get loud! RIP
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1669
    Just seen, and very sad to learn of his passing. One of those musicians who have an appeal that goes way beyond their own musical area, just by virtue of being so bloody good.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7208
    was only introducing some new guitar students to the joys of his tight open rock chord style this morning.. Damn shame...

Forever Em D A and G
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    RIP, such a shame.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I've only just seen this news.  Not really a surprise, but so sad nonetheless.  RIP.
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 568
    RIP, what a legend he is.
  • randellarandella Frets: 3847
    Ossyrocks said:
    Very sad news.

I played his part in a DC tribute for six years. It didn’t take me long to fully appreciate the genius of his rhythm playing. Unique.

RIP
    @Ossyrocks - I always play Malc's part when I've got some AC/DC on the stereo to jam along with. Amazing how those 'simple' patterns and riffs of his can make you look very shabby, very quickly. I've learned so much about timing and economy just from doing this. 

Absolute legend and very very sad news. 
  • RIP Malcolm. Legend.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"