Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). cheap or free photo editing programmes - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

cheap or free photo editing programmes

What's Hot
VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
mrs f is after a photo editing programme and was wondering what's out there that's any good. TIA, boomshanka, etc.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    The Gimp is usually the one people go for: http://www.gimp.org/
    It's very full featured, but isn't the easiest to use. 

Picasa has some basic photo editing and also organises your photos: http://picasa.google.co.uk/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    If you're on Windows, Paint.NET is pretty excellent (and, from memory, it has an easier learning curve than GIMP). I prefer GIMP myself, but then...I don't have a choice, 'cos I'm on Linux ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862

cheers guys, I shall pass those along.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I use paint.NET - very quick and simple - for me it has the advantage of being a lot like Paintshop Pro was, and that's what I used before.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 7616
    tFB Trader
    I used the Gimp for many moons ... and taught evening classes on photography using it. It's a fairly steep learning curve, but it has the advantage of doing pretty well whatever Photoshop can do. It has improved a hell of a lot in the last few years
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog

• There's some pretty nice web apps for photo editing these days, like Pixlr.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    mentioned them to mrs f, she's heard of GIMP and photo.net, so she will investigate.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Another vote for GIMP here
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    PAINT.NET is my personal favourite.

Windows paint is enough for me atm though.
    My V key is broken
  • IrFanView is my fave free editor