Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My lad's band track - metal, stoner etc - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My lad's band track - metal, stoner etc

CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777

A trio of 17-18 year olds. My boy is singer, guitar & writer. They write their own songs bar two covers, one is Hole in the Sky - my first album was Sabotage, him doing all this is a nice circular sort of thing for me. Playing Portland Arms tomorrow night, I shall be road crew and beer tester..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Not really my genre, but hey...the effort deserves some mention...

Seems people forget just how difficult it is to write a complete song of any fashion, so whilst its not for me. well done !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I love doom and stoner rock so this is right up my street.. 
    Love the slower first section, reminds me of Sleep or Electric Wizard. 
    A good start for sure.. Would like to hear how they progress. 
    Nice bit of Kurt at the end as well. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I like that. Some great guitar sounds and very accomplished playing. Tell them to break a leg for tomorrow.
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777
    tFB Trader
    Thanks very much guys, cheers. He's a big fan of Sleep and Electric Wizard, Mastodon and the like so he'll appreciate all the feedback. Cheers again.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited January 2018
    Doing Electric Wizard justice with that heavy-as-fuck bass there. I used to listen to a lot of stoner rock and this is a great take on that genre.
    tFB Trader
    Cheers, I shall pass that on I'm sure they'll be happy to hear that.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2775
    Love it, some proper riffs there! 
    tFB Trader

Cheers :)

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    I like that a lot. Good stuff.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493

Bookmarked for later listening.