Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Film Theme - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Film Theme

What's Hot
richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
edited November 2017 in Plug My Stuff
I came up with the basic guitar part for this about 30 years ago and have attempted to make something of it on a few occasions since.

In the end, I re-recorded it a few weeks ago and reckon it might work as part of a film score....

https://m.soundcloud.com/richard-homer/01-richard-homer-film-theme
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 2777
    tFB Trader
    Nice Rich, peaceful..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Corvus said:
    Nice Rich, peaceful..
    Thanks. It is a tad ‘relaxed’ - I’m getting old....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Is there an instrument doubling the piano chords, only ever so slightly out of synch? Maybe it is a generous helping of early reflections reverberation?
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Is there an instrument doubling the piano chords, only ever so slightly out of synch? Maybe it is a generous helping of early reflections reverberation?
    There are some harmonics played on the bass - it’s probably that - and a dubious sense of time....
  • very chilled out piece and tasteful guitar throughout; some nice little fills, and I liked how you built up the guitar more towards the end. Only thing that was a slight shame was the phrase at 4:06-ish with a couple of bends was particularly nice, and imo should have been before the fadeout :) 
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    I liked that but you could probably add a touch more verb onto the accoustic solo to blend it into the mix a bit more.  It's still great as-is though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    frank1985 said:
    I liked that but you could probably add a touch more verb onto the accoustic solo to blend it into the mix a bit more.  It's still great as-is though.
    Thank you - you’re probably right with regard to the mix. I may have another go at it!
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    Nice one, post again when done