Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: Fender Highway one/American special Precision bass - Basses £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: Fender Highway one/American special Precision bass

Hi. Anyone have a Highway one or American special Precision bass they want to get rid of? Also interested in a Jazz Bass of the same series. 

Cheers,

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Why not split the difference with an American Standard Dimension Bass? Two meaty pickups, passive VVT control layout, nice asymmetric neck profile.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    edited August 2017
    I found the dimension had an oddly balanced body, neck not to my liking. Better to buy a stingray or PJ if you're undecided.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 75
    Hi. Thanks, I hadn't considered the dimension bass. Wanting a highway one/special is mainly a budget issue really but I do like the satin finishes. Looking to move on up from my Epi Thunderbird! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited August 2017
    Jeddy3 said:
    Wanting a highway one/special is mainly a budget issue.
    I suspected as much.
    I found the dimension had an oddly balanced body, neck not to my liking. Better to buy a stingray or PJ if you're undecided.
    The Fender Dimension Bass balances fine if you wear it fairly high up on a strap. 

Jeddy3 said:
    Looking to move on up from my Epi Thunderbird! 
    'Bird to Precision or Jazz is quite a big change. Different sounds. Different ride. 

If you are happy with how the Epiphone plays but disappointed by its pickups, those nice people at EMG make T-Bird sized replacement pickups with P or J coils inside. http://www.emgpickups.com/bass/thunderbird.html ;
    Be seeing you.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 75
    Thanks for the comments. I quite like the Epi Thunderbird as it is but fancy something different that's all. Could just go for a Gibson Thunderbird but have always fancied a Precision. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    Also interested in a Jazz Bass
    Whereabouts in the U.K. are you? 
    Be seeing you.
  • I'm on the Isle of Wight. 
  • No further questions, m'lud.
    Be seeing you.