Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). So who wants to start a DOOM/Stoner/Post Metal/Death Metal with me? LONDON (South West-ish) - Personnel Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

So who wants to start a DOOM/Stoner/Post Metal/Death Metal with me? LONDON (South West-ish)

What's Hot
I play guitar looking to start something semi serious and get back into playing gigs and writing stuff again.

Im thinking kinda Electric Wizard mixed with ISIS/PELICAN a bit of Stoner riffage and simple solo kinda stuff with some influence from Dissection etc etc.

Nothing too complicated but I do like a good bit of riffage and also looking to do some really slow harmonised guitar parts leading into some crushing doom parts!

I love a bit of harmonised guitar!

I know quite a few people in these types of bands and various people that run venues and put on gigs so we should be able to get a show pretty quickly.

My previous band played with Minsk and A Storm of Light (member from Neurosis).

Any takers let me know.
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22443
    Colour me interested.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• Drew_fx said:
    Colour me interested.
    cool bring the whipped cream :-)
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1470
    edited February 2014
    i've been trying to get a this kind of band off the ground for a while now

the drummer is the hard part!

but i'm also interested...

i've also written about 5 songs...no vox, just riffs...so there is material there, and I have a bassist i work with too.

Interestingly, I'd be curious about drummerings.... I can play to a reasonable standard, but have never played in a band before.
    Drew_fx said:
    Interestingly, I'd be curious about drummerings.... I can play to a reasonable standard, but have never played in a band before.
    hmmm...the plot thickens!
    Okay... to be real about this, I'm based in North London. Arnos Grove way. Sam you're in Islington right? Mr @Antique_Guitars ... where abouts are you? Worth getting together for a jam somewhere?
    yep islington...and as you know...can't jam at my place!

i've always thought Rooz at Old Street is a good rehearsal space.
  • Im in Putney but I don't mind travelling.

Yeah finding a drummer is going to be the interesting thing..........
    Old Is Gold
    ok...that all sound promising...

@Antique_Guitars & Drew_fx maybe we should take this onto email to organise a session?

I'm at samzadgan@yahoo.com

i'll run it past my bass player and see if his interested too.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3275
    I'd love to, alas I'm pretty much in Scotland I'm that far north. 

Looking forward to hearing this. 
  • I need to retrieve my metal playing guitar from my old rehersal place...........
    Old Is Gold
  • onlyuntil AT gmail.com
    Old Is Gold
    Emailed!
  • AsomodaiAsomodai Frets: 105
    edited February 2014
    I am a bass player/guitarist/vocalist if you are interested in my services?

I currently play bass, songwrite and sing in a Stoner/Prog/Party/Funky band called Chinspinner, but looking for something else to play with as well.

https://soundcloud.com/chinspinner

I am a big fan of Caricatures, OM, My Dying Bride and popular noise rock stalwarts Fugazi and Shellac.

Let me know. Anubispearl [a] hotmaildotcom
    Ibanez RG550 Genesis

Musicman Stingray USA