Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Half Step Modulations? - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Half Step Modulations?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Kebabkid said:
    Glad you liked it @Bellycaster. I've been depping on bass for a Madness tribute for the last 4mths and having to get to grips with this stuff and it's turned my head. As a guitarist, the songs, their structure and the bass lines have really grabbed my attention and presented some pleasant challenges with their clever twists and turns.
    Glad you're enjoying it @Kebabkid. I can't remember if you are gigging with any other bands on Guitar?????
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited February 2014
    Kebabkid said:
    Glad you liked it @Bellycaster. I've been depping on bass for a Madness tribute for the last 4mths and having to get to grips with this stuff and it's turned my head. As a guitarist, the songs, their structure and the bass lines have really grabbed my attention and presented some pleasant challenges with their clever twists and turns.
    Glad you're enjoying it @Kebabkid. I can't remember if you are gigging with any other bands on Guitar?????

I play acoustic gigs occasionally with Mrs.K and another guitarist, but seemed to have found myself on bass for that too. My function band has a gig in July but things are very quiet there and I have a gig with the Squeeze tribute band in May. I've also just found out that Madness lot, Cairo East, have landed a gig at the well-known 100 Club and I've never played there, so I'm pleased about that. I do need a good, rock, funk working band to play what I really like and test my sounds as I feel a bit like a spare part at the moment and I want to be a genuine part of something active.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Kebabkid said:
    Kebabkid said:

I play acoustic gigs occasionally with Mrs.K and another guitarist, but seemed to have found myself on bass for that too. My function band has a gig in July but things are very quiet there and I have a gig with the Squeeze tribute band in May. I've also just found out that Madness lot, Cairo East, have landed a gig at the well-known 100 Club and I've never played there, so I'm pleased about that. I do need a good, rock, funk working band to play what I really like and test my sounds as I feel a bit like a spare part at the moment and I want to be a genuine part of something active.
    Nice one KK. I'm surprised the function band scene is quiet though, I thought one a month might have been the norm. Congrats on the gig at the 100 club, that place has some stories to tell I bet.

You'll have to put the feelers out for a good band to funk out with KK.

I wouldn't worry about being shoved onto Bass duties yet, if your missus gives you a Pipe, a sensible Sweater and some slippers to play gigs in then you'll have to put your foot down ;-)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178

I wouldn't worry about being shoved onto Bass duties yet, if your missus gives you a Pipe, a sensible Sweater and some slippers to play gigs in then you'll have to put your foot down ;-)
    If it's tax-deductable, she will!! Pm'd you J @Bellycaster