Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Nice finish on Dave Brock's LP. - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Nice finish on Dave Brock's LP.

What's Hot
pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
edited May 2017 in Guitar
Pic's a bit crappy, it was much better and sharper on the night. Want!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4121
    edited May 2017
    Don't care if it's Terry Morgan design, it's fucking revolting..
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    CloudNine said:
    Don't care if it's Terry Morgan design, it's fucking revolting..
    It would be a failure if everyone liked it.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    It's better than the finish on his face.
    WTF's going on with that man's face?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    it's minging

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    Kind of reminds me of Tibetan thanka painting technique for clouds.

Hopefully I'll see it at the Roundhouse on Friday.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I think it looks cool.

Certainly looks more in keeping with the image than a poxy sunburst
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    impmann said:
    I think it looks cool.

Certainly looks more in keeping with the image than a poxy sunburst
    word. so over sunburst.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2202
    Sassafras said:
    It's what happens when you reach 75 years old.... you know, wrinkles and stuff, and there's no need to shave and impress the groupies ... but kudos to Brock, because I've heard Francis Rossi complain like a trooper it's getting harder to tour/play live, yet he's only 67.

I prefer what Brock's got on the stand behind him ... a Gibson Nighthawk re-issue. He's been known to play near anything and just gets on with it. Sometimes that's how I think it should be, although I appreciate what we play can be dictated by the £££ we have available, or what won't get damaged in a live band situation.

But back to the guitar in the photo, the LP's appearance is hampered by the lighting. It looks like is has the 'spaghetti-sauce' finish made famous by Heinz?
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2221
    Meh, his westone spectrum and paduak were better :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    Needs an Orgone Accumulator....
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    He's still alive, a triumph of will over biology. Being in Hawkwind is not like a normal job. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Looks like he's plastered....
  • I'm resurrecting this old thread as I noticed Dave Brock using another 'new' guitar alongside the 'tie dye' Les Paul pictured above during the RAH gig on Friday. I don't recognise it - can anybody shed any light?

• Yamaha?
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 648
    Fernandes I think
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Forget the guitar and Brock's dial - I couldn't tear my eyes away from his piggin' sandals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • daveyh said:
    Fernandes I think

Hmmm? Good call but I can't find anything online that quite matches that headstock and logo position.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Pretty sure it is a Fernandes.  No idea what the model would be.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 648
    daveyh said:
    Fernandes I think

Hmmm? Good call but I can't find anything online that quite matches that headstock and logo position.
    That’s definitely a Fernandes, you can see the Sustainer logo on the neck pickup too. It looks like a Revolver Pro, an older one with the non reverse headstock
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Couldn't care less about the guitar finish, Dave's face or his sandal crimes against public decency. I'm more impressed by the lesser spotted Gibson Nighthawk in the background  B)
    First band I ever saw.  I've no idea what he was playing in 1979.
    Holy thread resurrection Batman.

6 1/2 years past, hope you're all doing well.
    pmbomb said:

Shit, I didn't even notice.  Never mind us, I hope Dave Brock is doing well, given the state of him back in 2017.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    pmbomb said:

Well, you can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave... 
    Many happy returns  :)
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    Sassafras said:
    It probably had Stacia on it too many times

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The guitar in the OP doesn't look like a Fernandes to me, especially a Revolver Pro - they are double cut Strat shape all the ones that I have played or seen, and the only Fernandes that I can think of that is the same shape as an LP is the Fernandes Monterey Elite, and they have a different knob layout not to mention dot inlays instead of block inlays.

The guitar in the OP doesn't look like a Fernandes to me, especially a Revolver Pro - they are double cut Strat shape all the ones that I have played or seen, and the only Fernandes that I can think of that is the same shape as an LP is the Fernandes Monterey Elite, and they have a different knob layout not to mention dot inlays instead of block inlays.

The one in the OP's a Les Paul.  The Fernandes is further down the page.
  • Philly_Q said:
    First band I ever saw.  I've no idea what he was playing in 1979.

That'd be an Ibanez Artist at that time.